Newsletter – Fall 2016
Fall Newsletter – 2016
Wow !!! What a busy summer!! How come summer goes so fast and January AND February go sooo slow?? (unless you are a snowbird!) Hope you are enjoying the last days of summer!
Here are some updates…
Venetian Festival was a GREAT success!! It looks like we netted $20,000!! A huge thank you to Sherry Teldaldi and Ken Trester for co-chairing, all of the hardworking captains that helped things run so smoothly and the volunteers who make this all possible!! I continue to hear great comments from people that loved it!! Give yourselves a big pat on the back for doing such a sterling job!!
If you didn’t get chance to attend The Waypoint Big Lake Classic, which we co-sponsored, it was a very fun event!! We sold raffle tickets and I couldn’t believe all of the FISH!!! The results are posted on our website! Congrats to the winners and all that participated. The Classic donated $2,000.00 and 250 pounds of fish (which we hope to use for a fish fry) to Cow Hill.
A big thank you to Rosemarie Turewicz and Jim Scott (two of our members) for working the door All Day at The Saugatuck/Douglas Antique Show at Beery Park. We received the proceeds from the door which was $2,000. What a generous donation!! Thanks to the Antique show…
It’s Almost time for Chili Cook-off!!!
- Sunday October 9th – 1PM – 5PM
- Parking lot by Wick’s Park
- Delicious Chili’s from local eateries ( several new restaurant entries!)
- Admission – $5.00 …..Children free!!
- Rock Shop will provides the music (Rock on!)
We will need volunteers to help make this a wonderful event….If you have already volunteered to work the event…Thank you … if not please, contact Ken Trester CCO chairman at email@example.com We so appreciate your help and involvement. Invite all of your friends, for what is always a fun filled event and good for your tummy too!!
Here are some requests we filled recently…Good things keep happening! WE had a Honda car donated to The Club by a generous woman, who had heard about what we do from her neighbor Tracy Marciniak. Within a few days, I had a request from a young woman(who was referred by one of our members) who car had died. She was a college student and her funds were very limited. She was doing an internship in GR in nursing and desperately needed a car in order to finish her course of study. We hooked them up together and approved some repairs on the car and she is on the road again!!! She was sooo appreciative!!!
- We provided 60 book bags and binders with school supplies for some children in need to start school in style, with what they needed.
- We provided underwear and socks for about 300 children in Allegan county, so they could start school with new “undies” WE worked with Christian Neighbors and Community Church of Douglas on this project. We packed new clothes for children from 75 families.
- We provided school shoes and clothes for three children, who were in desperate need.
- We fixed a car for a widowed mother of three, who needed it to get to work and for transportation for her children.
- We donated $1,000. To the Fire Department to help pay for a “Jaws for Life” for the community.
We donated $1,000. to the City of Saugatuck for Holiday Lighting. We really appreciate all of their assistance in helping our events run smoothly.
Please mark your calendar……
- October 9th Sunday – Chili Cook-Off
- October – Star of Saugatuck Cruise (date to be determined)
- November 5th Saturday – Change of Watch Dinner – Spectators .. 6:00PM -Cocktails – 7:00PM – Dinner
- December 10th Saturday – Christmas Giving/Wrapping Party -..We will be needing elves to go and shop for presents for our adopted families…More details soon!!!
That’s it for now…I am blessed to be a part of this group..Over and out……Jude